The ISA Science and Research Committee is seeking two at-large members: one member based outside North America and one member from any geography. Please submit a resume/CV and letter of interest to apply to join the SRC committee to Chericka Ashley (email@example.com) via email by February 28, 2021. ISA Science and Research Committee (SRC)Volunteer Committee Position DescriptionScience and Research Committee (SRC) Purpose Statement: To elevate and advocate the importance of research within ISA and the greater arboriculture and urban forestry academic community, foster exchange among the research community and professionals, and identify important new opportunities for science and research that add value to arboriculture and urban forestry. SRC Member Selection and Term: SRC Committee members are appointed by the ISA CEO and Executive Director for a term of three years, renewable for one consecutive term. No member shall serve more than seven consecutive years. Committee Member Position Description:
- Provide expertise, guidance, and connections regarding important emerging research and science topics in arboriculture and urban forestry.
- Review SRC-funded literature review applications and select 1- 2 literature reviews annually which will add value in the field of arboriculture or urban forestry.
- Leverage SRC Literature Reviews for potential articles, presentations, and research symposia.
- Identify research topics and research community collaborators for potential research symposia.
- Participate in nomination process for research and science annual awards through ISA.
- Identify leading-edge research articles for inclusion on the ISA website and potentially ISA serial publications—Arboriculture and Urban Forestry and Arborist News.
- Attend and actively contribute to regular SRC meetings: 4-6 times a year. Generally these meetings are virtual with one in person meeting annually at the ISA International Conference.
- Provide input on presenters who should be invited /encouraged to submit abstracts for the ISA International Conference to ensure leading edge arboriculture and urban forestry researchers/research are being showcased at the conference.
Criteria for SRC Members:
- Reading, reviewing, or conducting research in arboriculture and/or urban forestry as a primary focus of your job.
- Prior experience in committee work desired
- Minimum of a 4-year degree
- ISA membership not required, but suggested
- 2 new at-large members are desired: 1 at-large member should be based outside North America, 1 can be from any geography. (Please indicate in your letter of intent which at-large position you are applying for).
Expectations of SRC Members:
- ~2-Hours per month commitment
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Committee members appointed to a 3-year term
- Actively participate in subcommittees
- Meetings: The SRC currently meets via Microsoft Teams on the last Thursday of every other month, from 11 am – 1 pm Eastern US time. Our next meeting is Thursday, March 25, 2021, and we would like to have new members attend this meeting if possible. However, if you are selected an unable to attend the March meeting on short notice, we’d welcome your attendance at the following meeting (May 27, 2021).
To apply: Please submit a resume/CV and letter of interest to apply to join the SRC committee to Chericka Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email by February 28, 2021. SRC will review applications and notify you whether or not you will be invited to join the committee by March 22, 2021. Questions about SRC activities and member responsibilities can be directed to SRC Chair Jess Vogt (email@example.com).