The European Young Urban Forester of the Year Award (YUFA) is made annually at the European Forum of Urban Forestry. The award is intended to recognise excellence by a young person in either (i) urban forestry practice and/or (ii) urban forestry research.
Eligibility and Conditions
- Open to all urban forestry researchers or practitioners who are under the age of 40 at 20th May 2022.
- Eligible activities are those that have occurred or have impacted within one or more of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe.
- The applicant does not need to be European by birth or residence.
- Applications can be made on this form only.
- Applications can be made either by the (i) named applicant themselves or (ii) submitted on behalf of a named applicant by a Proposer (such as a Senior Manager, Professor or person of recognised standing).
- For the purpose of this award urban forestry is considered as including trees, woodlands, forests, natural green space and green infrastructure in an urban or peri-urban setting.
- All applications are treat as confidential.
- The decision of the awarding committee is final and cannot be challenged and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Applications should be made in English; the quality of the language will not be a factor in making the award.
- Lobbying will lead to disqualification.
- European Young Urban Forester of the Year (cash award of €200), free subscription for one year to Urban Forestry & Urban Greening.
- Commendations: certificate of commendation
Candidates can nominate themselves or can be nominated through the European Young Urban Forester of the Year 2020 application form. Completed applications form and attachments should be sent by email to Clive Davies clive(dot)davies-at-md2(dot)org(dot)uk to arrive no later than the 13th May 2022. . Please use YUFA2022 in the header only.
If the applicant or proposer has not heard by the 30th May 2022 they should consider that the application has been unsuccessful.