The European Young Urban Forester of the Year Award (YUFA) is made annually at the European Forum of Urban Forestry. The award is intended to recognise excellence by a young person in either (i) urban forestry practice and/or (ii) urban forestry research.
Eligibility and Conditions
- Open to all urban forestry researchers or practitioners who are under the age of 40 at 17th May 2019.
- Eligible activities are those that have occurred or have impacted within one or more of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe.
- The applicant does not need to be European by birth or residence.
- Applications can be made on this form only.
- Applications can be made either by the (i) named applicant themselves or (ii) submitted on behalf of a named applicant by a Proposer (such as a Senior Manager, Professor or person of recognised standing).
- For the purpose of this award urban forestry is considered as including trees, woodlands, forests, natural green space and green infrastructure in an urban or peri-urban setting.
- All applications are treat as confidential.
- The decision of the awarding committee is final and cannot be challenged and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Applications should be made in English; the quality of the language will not be a factor in making the award.
- Lobbying will lead to disqualification.
- European Young Urban Forester of the Year (cash award of €200), free subscription for one year to Urban Forestry & Urban Greening.
- Commendations: certificate of commendation
Candidates can nominate themselves or can be nominated through the European Young Urban Forester of the Year 2019 application form (Word-version), before 21st of May (extended deadline).