The 2019 European Forum on Urban Forestry invites researchers and urban forest professionals to submit abstracts for contributions. This includes – but is not limited to – applied as well as academic research, and perspectives/experience reports of professionals and practitioners. EFUF emphasizes the connection of practice and scientific knowledge, encouraging a variety of possible formats to contribute to the conference. Contributions may explore the urban forest as…
- … the healthy forest: sport, wellbeing and human health
- Recreational activities with a special emphasis on outdoor sports and their management
- New well-being activities: supply, conflicts and visitor management in urban forests
- Urban forests and human health: interrelations, activities, management
- … the spiritual forest: culture, religion and art
- Diversifying cultural perceptions of forests and related forest use
- Religious aspects of urban forests and trees, including sacred and funeral forests
- The urban forest in art, art in the urban forest, the urban forest as inspiration
- … the learning forest: research, laboratories and education
- Forest laboratories as approaches for experiencing and transforming urban forests
- Participatory planning and research in urban green infrastructure
- Education for sustainable development and environmental education
- … the co-designed forest: diverging interests, governance and urban forest management
- Diversifying societal demands, conflicts and their management: conservation, recreation, wood production, ecosystem service provisioning and infrastructure development
- New and experimental planning, design and management processes
We accept oral talks, posters and other non-commercial contributions. Abstracts (maximum 2000 characters) are only accepted in English language. They must not include figures, tables or attachment and should be related to one of the themes mentioned in the call for abstracts. Deadline for submission is 1st of February 2019.
For abstract submission, please use the online system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=efuf2019. You will have to setup an account.
The programme committee will determine whether a work will be accepted for presentation, considering the significance and/or the innovative character of the contribution. Authors will be informed on the acceptance of their contribution by the 21st of February 2019.
At least one of the authors should register for the conference, and should have their fee settled by 30 April 2019.